Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pico de Loro







Simply means parrot's bill, that's where this beautiful mountain got its name by the spaniards in 1500s since it looks like the Beak of the parrot. I was there in April and May in 2008 with friends and some kids.

Pictures paints a thousand words that is why I'm putting a lot of pictures in this limited space.

Climbing is easier for young ones, but not for "young once" though it is only 664 meters high, You need to prepare for at least 2 weeks of daily excercise to sustain yourself in a 3 hours walk from jump off point to the peak with a rest of about 15 to 30 minutes in Camp 1, and on the second rest point they call alibangbang park.

I don't have to described how to go there, just read my posting about Boracay of Cavite its with the same route and just on the same area. You may contact me through email (bernarddcforever@gmail.com) I would be glad to explain the details of what you want to know.



You may visit sites that share details about the climb: www.waypoints.ph, www.geocities.com/yosemite/3712/gpicodeloro.html

No comments:

Post a Comment