Friday, December 10, 2010

Mount Nagpatong





Andress Bonifacio and his brother Procopio were executed at this site. They were suppose to be taken to Mt. Buntis in Maragondon, Cavite, but for unknown reasons, they were killed instead in Mt. Nagpatong, also in Maragondon where this marker was built. At present, the government established a beautiful Park in honor of Bonifacio.



Some locals told us that maybe after reaching Mt. Nagpatong, Aguinaldo's men got exhausted, so right there and then executed the two instead of bringing them further to Mt Buntis.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I've been trying to find directions how to go to Mount Nagpatong and Mount Buntis but there's no accurate details. Can you please help me? I know that if I am to commute, I have to get off at the Maragundon Municipal Hall, but that's all I know. I will really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, LOurrey May,

    Its almost impossible to go without bringing your own vehicle... One kilometer away approaching the foot of the mountain going up to puerto azul you have to turn left going up to Mt nagpatong... Its still a long way passing through mountains, streams, barriers and rough road. Its not easy to describe since there were no landmarks. The best you can do is ask for direction from people around the area.

    ReplyDelete